Aleppo – al-Bahramiyeh Mosque
حلب – جامع البهرمية

al-Bahramiyeh Mosque (جامع البهرمية) is a spectacular Ottoman-era mosque in the old city of Aleppo (حلب). The mosque was constructed in 1583 by Bahram Pasha, the governor of Aleppo (حلب) at the time. The minaret was later destroyed in an earthquake, and reconstructed in 1698. The interior of the mosque is beautifully decorated, and it is recommended to visit around prayer time to gain access.

 

Getting There: The mosque is located about two hundred meters southwest of the Great Mosque of Aleppo (جامع حلب الكبير‎) in the central market (اسواق) area of the old city.

Coordinates: 36°11’54.00″N / 37°9’17.00″E

Transliteration Variants: al-Bahramiye Mosque, al-Bahramiya Mosque, al-Bahramiyah Mosque

Rating (6 / 10)

Leave a Reply

%d bloggers like this: